This "blog" is not a blog in the traditional sense. It is the intermittent rambling and accumulation of notes and ideas as I work towards the creation of my book. There will be run-on and incomplete sentences. The ideas may not always be coherent. My seventh grade English teacher used to say that you can't write anything unless you start to get the ideas on paper. He called it "pushing the pen." That is what I will be doing here. If someone takes an interest in the ugly process, so be it. But ultimately my goal here is to write a book, not entertain while I do it. With time, lots of learning, and hard work I hope the ugliness will take shape into a beautiful final product.

It's probably not normal to start writing a book with a foreword, who knows, maybe it is, but the other morning while lying in bed I was thinking about how hard this task would be for me because I am not a writer. Then it dawned on me that this is a great place to start my book. So I started thinking and taking notes. Here is what I wrote:

I was the kid whos mom incessantly told him to "spit it out," "use your words," and "stop mumbling!" I can't tell you the number of times I heard that as a child growing up. Teachers, parents...everyone. If I did finally need to communicate I preferred to tug sleeves and pull on pant legs...or point...anything other than opening my mouth. At the age of 6, after being on the radar as "slow" I was tested and diagnosed with a a learning disability. I repeated first grade and was given a tutor. I spent hours being forced to utter and sound out "see spot run." So when I decided I had a story to tell my first inclination as to find a ghost writer. I wanted someone to put it all into words. But for some reason I have been unable to bring myself to do it. I believe this is because I need to tell the story for me, not for anyone else. What telling this story will lack in writers beauty I hope to make up for with content.  So bear with me as I now attempt to "use my words."

8/24/2017
Ryan Polselli

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does fibroadenoma put me at a higher risk for developing breast cancer?"

Support Breast Cancer Awareness! #Pinkborough