Does fibroadenoma put me at a higher risk for developing breast cancer?"

"I was told I have a fibroadenoma, does this put me at a higher risk for developing breast cancer?" --Anonymous Patient
Fibroadenomas are the most common mass found in the breast. They are benign. They do not impart any more risk of breast cancer than normal breast tissue.
Although fibroadenomas have a fairly characteristic appearance on mammogram or ultrasound, cancer can sometimes look the same. For this reason it's a good to keep an eye on any mass that is assumed to be a fibroadenoma and make sure there is no change in appearance or rapid growth.
If the mass which is assumed to be a fibroadenoma is large, there is rapid growth, or the uncertainty of diagnosis makes the patient uncomfortable, they should be biopsied with a needle.
If the results from the needle biopsy reliably confirm the mass is a fibroadenoma, they can be left alone. If for some reason the needle biopsy is not conclusive or the diagnosis doesn't fit with the appearance or behavior of the mass they are usually removed with surgery.
If a fibroadenoma is painful, disfiguring, or otherwise bothersome it can be removed surgically. If the patient would want the mass removed even if it were a fibroadenoma, needle biopsy can be skipped, and they can be surgically removed, but many surgeons still prefer needle biopsy results before surgery.
Note, although fibroadenomas are benign, they contain certain parts of breast tissue that can become cancer and therefore a fibroadenoma can become cancer too. However, this is rare, and no more likely to occur than with normal breast tissue.
Ryan Polselli, MD, Diplomate of the American Board of Radiology, Fellowship Trained Breast Imaging Radiologist.

Comments

  1. dr itua healing herbs the worst moment has passed, however, it is true that there are more improvements than before… due to the growing number of people living with hiv in the state of nevada. How could they stigmatize them all? then everything becomes a little easier and we begin to share everything... We also began to invite each other and visit each other in the community. You know, it's been six years since I started taking antiretroviral drugs… However, regardless of the problems I faced, the worst moment was when my mother evicted me from the family home, and my father rented me a small room. but my mother and my brothers believed that having hiv was my fault and that I deserved to be punished… I also considered myself unworthy and hopeless… but I have a son and eventually I convinced myself to live for my son's reason. my mother didn't know anything [about hiv]. She didn't understand anything. You know why? she did not have [the opportunity] to leave the house and communicate with society. However, my father interacts with the community. I know that his friends are mature and dignified in Africa America. so he has a better understanding than her. my father came to call me one sad day sitting on my sofa about a friend of his from africa who introduced him to dr itua herbal cure in africa in which he advised me that we should buy his herbal medicine to cure my hiv, so we did and dr itua prescribed me that i should take the herbal medicine for two weeks to cure myself, although we were very curious about the whole thing, i finished the herbal medicine as he advised, then he told me to visit the nearest clinic for a check up i did and now i am totally cured of hiv my father was my rock and me and my family are now happy together too dr itua has been helpful in my community since he cured my hiv and tinnitus so why do i quit my story here today is to get someone here to hope in god and never give up no matter what situation you are facing especially during this pandemic season which has really taught us all how we should s help each other and appreciate each other. dr itua cures the following diseases... herpes, liver cancer, throat cancer, leukemia. , alzheimer's disease, chronic diarrhea, cop, parkinson's, als, infectious mononucleosis adrenocortical carcinoma. bowel cancer, uterine cancer, fibroid, bladder cancer, HIV, esophageal cancer, gallbladder cancer, kidney cancer, HPV, lung cancer, melanoma, mesothelioma, multiple myeloma, oral cancer, sinus cancer, hepatitis a, b/c, skin cancer, soft tissue sarcoma, spinal cancer, stomach cancer, vaginal cancer, tinnitus, vulvar cancer, testicular cancer, thyroid cancer. you can contact dritua herbal center at email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com .www.drituaherbalcenter.com.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Support Breast Cancer Awareness! #Pinkborough